EMLV consolidates its position among the top three post-baccalaureate schools in L’Etudiant Ranking with its Master in Management, Grande Ecole programme. The school ranks 14th in France among the best business programs in 2023.
Each year, French press website L’Etudiant releases a ranking of business schools in France, which includes post-high school and post-prep business degrees.
Third best business school among 5-year post-high school programs, EMLV scores particularly well on international outlook, corporate relations and graduate satisfaction.
The graduate satisfaction criterion takes into account several considerations, such as feedback from alumni on the quality of the business school curriculum and its teaching staff, campus life, international exposure, corporate partnerships, career development, peer student relations, quality of student services, support on personal projects and so on.
As the leading school in the SESAME competition, EMLV is in 3rd place in the post-bac ranking and is still at the top of the 2023 ranking of the primary business schools on several criteria:
- 1st school for its proximity to companies
- 2nd school in terms of graduate satisfaction (tied)
- 2nd school in terms of social inclusion (tied): 4 points out of 5
To rank the business schools preferred by students, L’Étudiant’s journalists asked graduates who left the school in 2018 and 2021: “What do they think of their former school?”.
This criterion takes into account numerous elements, in particular feedback from alumni concerning the quality of the business school curriculum and teaching staff, community life, international openness, relations with companies, preparation for professional life, relations between students, the quality of student services, support for personal projects, etc.
Post-baccalaureate schools in the Etudiant ranking:
1 – IESEG
2 – ESSCA
3 – EMLV
4 – EM Normandie
5 – EDC
6 – PSB
7 – ESDES
8 – ESCE
8 – IPAG
12 – ISTEC
13 – EBS
14 – IDRAC
L’Etudiant 2023 Ranking of French Business Schools
The L’Etudiant ranking identifies the best business schools in France and sorts them out by their degree duration, according to the quality of their courses and teaching staff. With 47 points, EMLV ranks 19th out of 37 ranked business schools.
|Rang général||Rang postbac||École||Total|
|3||ESCP BS, Paris||64|
|4||EDHEC BS, Lille, Nice, Paris||63|
|6||SKEMA BS, Lille, Paris, Sophia Antipolis||62|
|7||1||IESEG, Lille, Paris||61|
NEOMA BS, Reims, Rouen
|9||Audencia BS, Nantes||58|
|11||KEDGE BS, Bordeaux, Marseille||53|
|15||ICN BS, Nancy, Metz, Paris||51|
|16||2||ESSCA, Angers, Paris, Aix-en-Provence, Lyon, Bordeaux||50|
|17||Rennes School of Business||49|
|19||3||EMLV, Paris La Défense||47|
|20||4||EM Normandie, Le Havre, Caen, Paris||46|
Institut Mines-Télécom BS, Evry, Paris
|22||Burgundy School of Business, Dijon, Lyon||45|
|24||5||EDC Paris BS||44|
|25||6||Paris SB, Paris||43|
|26||ESC Clermont Business School||39|
|27||INSEEC, Paris, Bordeaux, Lyon||31|
|29||8||ESCE, Paris, Lyon||30|
|29||8||IPAG, Paris, Nice||30|
|31||South Champagne BS (ex ESC Troyes)||29|
|32||10||ICD, Paris, Toulouse||27|
|37||14||IDRAC BS, Lyon||22|
- Academic reputation: national and international labels, duration of the master’s degree, duration of the visa accreditation, research strength of the school
- School’s connection with companies: students on work-study programs, company founders, companies present at job fairs and in the rankings of favourite companies of business school students;
- International exposure: minimum length of study abroad, the share of students on academic exchange, international faculty, multicultural exposure;
- Graduate employment: salaries three years after graduation, salaries at the end of the program, graduates working abroad,
- Job opportunities: share of students working in banking, finance, insurance, auditing, consulting, trade and distribution, digital.
More than just rankings, these rankings proposed by L’Étudiant are orientation tools for students who can generate rankings according to their wishes.
To help students search for a business school, the EMLV organises several “Open Days” sessions, allowing students to discover the school and its teaching staff.
To learn more about the French ranking here
To learn more about the EMLV programmes