Despite the Covid19 crisis, companies continue to recruit students from EMLV through online events. The De Vinci Career Fair 2020 edition once again this year brought together several companies from all sectors of activity, including many top French and international corporations.
Each year in mid-October, Pole Leonard de Vinci organizes its major recruitment event on the campus of the school, at La Defense business district in Paris. Recruiters and students looking for an internship meet, exchange ideas and build up their network.
Virtual career fair seeks to help students to find an internship
It was the first time that EMLV’s career fair has gone online. From 15 to 23 October, more than 300 recruiters and 1,000 fourth and fifth-year students from the three schools of the Pole Leonard de Vinci, EMLV, ESILV and IIM took part in this event.
“Our partners include companies from all sectors: Chanel, Ubisoft, Veolia, BNP Paribas … We try to meet all expectations and cover multiple skills”. (Sébastien Louet, Head of Corporate Partnerships, Pole Leonard de Vinci)
EMLV students that choose an “initial” classical study path must complete 18 months of internship in France and abroad.
The programme is progressive: during their fourth year, students deepen their knowledge in the field of their choice and test their skills, aptitudes and motivations by completing an internship at the end of the second semester.
This first professional experience allows them to build on and fine-tune their specialization project in their 5th year: the 5 to 6-month final year internship then serves as a springboard to their first job. This work experience aims to enable the student to try out in a company setting the professional project that he or she will have defined during the course.
Internship opportunities for all business programs
Students were able to book from over 2,400 available job interview slots for hundreds of offers related to the many different EMLV programmes:
- “Initial” study training specializations: Corporate Finance, Audit & Performance Management, Marketing, Innovation & Distribution, Digital Marketing strategy, International Business
- Double degree in Digital Marketing & Data Analytics
- International programmes: MBA, MSc International Business, MSc Digital Business Analytics, MSc International Finance
“The Career Fair is also an important time to discover various occupations in different sectors, within companies. Some of the skills and qualifications of EMLV students correspond to different job profiles and indeed to new professions,” explains Sébastien Tran, Dean of EMLV.
Among the internship openings for which EMLV students were considered are various opportunities within companies that are popular among business school students.
- Junior Consultant
- Junior Technology Consultant
- Digital Project Manager
- Product Offers and Customer Experience Assistant
- E-Retail & Digital Project Manager Assistant
- Marketing & Sales Assistant
- Supply Chain & Business Analyst Assistant
- Communication internship
- Marketing internship: Media Digital Project Manager Assistant
- Junior Data Manager for the Tax Department
- Artificial Intelligence trainee
- E-Health business development
- Lean management and transformation intern engineer
- Sales Assistant
- Human resources
The De Vinci Career Fair is an unmissable event for those students who want to build their professional network and obtain targeted work assignments. The partner companies of the Pole Leonard de Vinci get involved at various levels in the school’s pedagogy and contribute to the development of students’ employability.