EMLV is up two places in the ranking of business schools with a Master’s degree published by Le Point, compared to 2019. In the ranking published on 20 February, EMLV’s Grande Ecole programme EPAS-accredited ranks 3rd among schools recruiting after the baccalauréat (Bac+5 – Master’s degree).
Each year, the ranking from Le Point magazine completes the students’ toolbox for orientation at school. After the rankings of L’Étudiant and Le Figaro, here comes the ranking of business school diplomas conferring the Master’s Degree produced by the editorial staff of Le Point.
In 2020, EMLV gains two positions compared to 2019 and climbs to 21st place in the ranking, all entry levels combined. Among the criteria used by Le Point, EMLV Paris stands out particularly in two areas: entrepreneurship (6th out of 37) and international development (20th place).
37 establishments awarding a bac+4 management diploma approved by the State or a bac+5 to which the State grants a Visa and a Master’s Degree have been prioritised by Le Point.
|Rang 2020||Ecole||Progression 2019-2020||Niveau d'entrée|
|3||ESCP Europe BS||+1||Prépa|
|4||EM Lyon BS||-1||Prépa ou bac+2|
|5||EDHEC BS||0||Prépa ou bac+2|
|6||Grenoble EM||0||Prépa ou bac+2|
|7||Skema BS||0||Prépa ou bac+2|
|8||Neoma BS||0||Prépa ou bac+2|
|9||Kedge BS||0||Prépa ou bac+2|
|11||Toulouse BS||-1||Prépa ou bac+2|
|12||Montpellier BS||+1||Prépa ou bac+2|
|14||Rennes BS||-2||Prépa ou bac+2|
|15||ICN BS||+1||Prépa ou bac+2|
|16||EM Strasbourg BS||-1||Prépa ou bac+2|
|17||La Rochelle BS||+1||Prépa ou bac+2|
|18||Institut Mines-Télécom BS||-1||Prépa ou bac+2|
|19||EM Normandie BS||+1||Prépa, bac+2 ou bac|
|20||ISC Paris BS||-1||Prépa ou bac+2|
|24||Burgundy SB||-1||Prépa ou bac+2|
|26||Inseec SBE||-2||Prépa ou bac+2|
|27||SCBS||+1||Prépa ou bac+2|
|29||EDC Paris BS||+1||Bac|
|30||ESC Clermont BS||-3||Prépa ou bac+2|
|36||Brest BS||+2||Prépa ou bac+2|
The methodology of Le Point magazine: 6 reference values for EMLV
In order to establish its ranking for 2020, the drafting of the Report looked at the same criteria as in 2019:
- The pedagogy of the school (traditional, digital, code training, etc.)
- Selectivity and attractiveness: admission rate and percentage of distinctions in the baccalauréat
- Value added (correlated to the selectivity and exit salary rating)
- International: rate of professors with foreign degrees, rate of foreign graduates, active partnerships with foreign universities, percentage of double graduates
- Entrepreneurship: selectivity of the incubator, number of businesses created by graduates and incubated, viability of businesses after three years, percentage of students on the Entrepreneurship programme
- Professionalization: employment (salaries, return on investment, percentage of graduates working within two months of graduation) and relations with companies (career fairs, career service staff, mentored graduates, quality of internships).
One of the important criteria in all national business school rankings: EMLV’s pedagogy proposes a transversal approach of the three schools in the group (EMLV, ESILV, IIM), individualized coaching, concrete projects and teaching in small groups. Soft skills and sports practice are at the heart of EMLV’s pedagogical project.