Thibault, Guillaume and Antoine created their startup back in 2012. Today, they are using the French crowdfunding platform “SmartAngels” to raise the necessary funds to expand their business.
M. Moustache creates and sells men’s shoes. If they initially targeted urban men in their thirties, the co-founders now want to broaden their range of products by selling women’s shoes. The shoe collections are sold in French Department stores (Galeries Lafayette, Le BHV Marais), online and in selected retailers abroad.
The 3 young entrepreneurs project a sales revenue of 1.4 million euros by the end of the year. The startup’s revenues have increased by 130% since its creation, is making profit and is currently employing 5 people.
Thibault, Antoine and Guillaume obtained their degree from EMLV School in 2011. They had specialized in corporate finance and communication and used their education and training to create their business.
Investors and business angels have been enthusiastic about M. Moustache :
- It won First Prize in 2014 of “Réseau entreprendre Paris”
- It was elected best men’s accessories at “Who’s Next” trade fair in 2012
- It launched in 2015 it’s first video campaign “La moustache se porte aux pieds”, created with Altmann + Pacreau communication agency
- It obtained help from PME Capital Conseil during its fund raising
— Carnet de Mode (@CarnetDeMode) September 7, 2015
Crowdfunding campaign to accelerate the business development in France and worldwide
The entrepreneurs have great ambitions for their startup. They need 400.000 euros to finance their growth. They want to increase their sales revenues to 10 million euros by 2020.
The funds will be used hence :
- To develop an online stretegy and to optimize their online store
- To increase their presence in France and have their products sold in 300 stores
- To boost exports and to grow worldwide
- To open a store in France by April 2016
— SmartAngels (@smartangelsfr) September 14, 2015